McCamey Independent School District
Wellness Plan 2017
Notes From the School Nurse:
When to keep my child home from school-English
When to keep my child home from school-Spanish
New Student Forms:
New Student Emergency/Health Forms
Immunizations: Students must be up to date on immunizations and provide the school nurse with copy of immunization records.
Pre K Requirements
7th grade Requirements
Minimum State Requirements
Immunization Exemption FAQs
Vaccine Preventable Illness Updates
In the event that a student who is not fully immunized is exposed to measles (or if we have a case on a campus), by Texas state law, that student must be excluded from school a minimum of 21 days, even if they are not showing any symptoms. This exclusion period starts over with any new exposure or confirmed case. Please make sure your students are fully immunized to keep them protected from the measles, and in school so they can be prepared for college and career.
Medication: If there is a need for your child to take prescription or over-the-counter medication at school, please fill out a Medication Permit.
- Medication must be in original container/package
- Over-the-counter medication can be administered for a total of 3 consecutive days
- Medication purchased in a foreign country cannot be given
- No medication is prescribed by the school
- Controlled medication (ex: Ritalin, Concerta, Focalin, Straterra or medications for pain control) or any prescribed medication for behavior will be sent home with student. Whenever possible these types of medications should be given at home. All medication of this type MUST be picked up from the clinic by a parent or legal guardian.
- All prescribed controlled medication, medication prescribed for behavior control, or medication for pain control be delivered to the clinic by parent or legal guardian. McCamey ISD will not accept responsibility for these types of medications until they are delivered to the clinic.
- Students are not allowed to carry and self administer any medication without Dr signature and release.
Health Conditions: If your child has any of the following conditions that require medical care or interventions at school, please have your health care provider fill out forms and return to school nurse. Forms need to be filled out annually before the beginning of each school year.
Asthma Action Plan
Self Administer Asthma
Food Allergy Emergency Action Plan
Self Administer Epinephrine Injector
Seizure Management Plan
Diabetes Management and Treatment Plan
Meningitis Information for Students & Parents
Students must be Healthy to be educated and educated to be Healthy
Sara Molina BSN,RN